What after 12th: Fulfill your dream of studying from world’s top institutions.
Updated: Sep 15, 2021
Abroad study is more than just education; it is a holistic experience of a lifetime
Since childhood, many students have had the idea of living and managing independently and studying at a renowned global university or college. However, as a part of Indian parenting, we are very much emotional in taking this decision. In most of the cases, parents are also having two mindsets when to send their child for abroad study- after class 12th or upon completing graduation.
There are so many students who’d love to study abroad to get a unique educational experience but are wary of the choice of the right program level - undergraduate or master's. Choosing an overseas education program is surely an experience of a lifetime, but it can be considerably more rewarding if done at the right stage of your career. There are pros and cons to both, and your choice should be made only after a careful analysis.
Studying abroad is one of the bright options after class 12. It opens up opportunities in the international market and provides better exposure. With a limited number of seats in top Indian institutes such as IITs and NITs, students often feel short of opportunities for graduation after completing class 12. If you are looking for world-class education, you must consider foreign universities for higher education after Class 12th.
Here are some of the reasons why one should consider studying internationally after 12th class:
1. Diversity in the selection of courses: Most foreign universities offer a more flexible admission process than Indian universities. The Indian university admission scenario is highly competitive and marks-oriented. Studying abroad offers a wider variety of courses, including research options and skill-based training for students. This would expand your horizons and opens up a world of new educational opportunities. Not only this, there are certain programs abroad which also allow you to take different courses at the same time. So you can pursue your interest in literature whilst studying physics as your major.
2. Skill-oriented education: Overseas education is more application-based. Universities abroad are quite diverse in their requirements and deliver great quality education empowering you with a more skill-oriented education. The Indian curriculum is more skewed in favor of theory while the International universities are more balanced in theory and practical applications.
3. More employability and international exposure: Students who get graduated from abroad are highly sought after by employers. Pursuing a degree overseas signals employers that you have courage, flexibility, cultural awareness, and an understanding of how other people work and think. This experience puts you ahead of the pack when it comes to internships and job applications.
4. Personal Benefits: There are plenty of personal benefits of studying abroad that will help you develop as a person and prepare you for whatever you want to do after university:
Make you Independent – Many times you will find yourself in an unfamiliar situation, where you won’t know anyone at first. You will quickly become more independent, learning to rely on yourself rather than family for everything from cooking and cleaning to managing your time and study plans.
Develop Critical thinking skills - You’ll be asking questions every day while you study abroad, taking in new information, learning new ways of life, and seeking solutions through exploration. You will develop your approach to think more clearly and rationally in your reading, writing, and public speaking.
Become Open-minded - You will open yourself up to different ways of living and learning, accepting new ideas and perspectives thanks to people from a diverse range of backgrounds you will meet.
Help Overcome fears and learn self-reliance - Studying abroad comes with a set of challenges such as learning international transport and immersing in a new culture, but once you overcome these challenges and fears you will grow as a person and become more mature.
Make friends around the world: As a study abroad student, you automatically become a member of a large network of other international students at your university. Universities also often host special events for their international students in order to give everyone the opportunity to make a new group of friends in their host country.
5. Settlement Abroad: Almost every International Student, who is applying for a foreign Study Visa has a fantasy to settle there for better future opportunities. If a student successfully accomplishes all the requirements then it is very easy to settle in that country after getting an education over there. After gaining a certain work experience and having passed the language proficiency requirements one can easily get the Permanent Resident status It is a dream come true to settle in a well-developed country with economic and political stability along with excellent health care benefits.
Conclusively, plan as much as possible in advance by collecting information about an interesting program, university, and country. Understand the program and visa requirements, and contact students or program advisers for more personal information about being an international student in that country.
We at ImmiZest will be glad to guide you further for comprehensive information about different study abroad destinations.